Business-to-business (B2B) firms expect marketing budgets to rise in 2014, with marketing executives predicting budgets to increase by 6 percent on average, according to the Forrester Research/Business Marketing Association (BMA) study “Focus B2B Marketing Budget Gains on Business Outcomes to Succeed in 2014.” Despite their optimistic outlook, marketing executives still face challenges to justify their budgets.
BMA Milwaukee is focusing its 2014-15 keynote speaker series on important trends that are impacting business marketing, including marketing technology and content marketing – which are increasingly attractive investments for many B2B companies.
“Today‘s marketing executives are challenged to lead the implementation of marketing technology, complex content marketing solutions and new social media innovations that were barely on their radars a few years ago. Through our keynote speaker series, BMA Milwaukee is committed to providing best-in-class resources for business marketing leaders to meet these challenges – today and into the future,” said Andrea Hubbert, president of BMA Milwaukee and principal at Hub+company.
The chapter will host industry thought leaders and nationally recognized speakers throughout the upcoming year, including:
- Sept. 10, 2014: “The Push-Pull of Strategic B2B Marketing” with Chris Czachor, marketing manager at James Hardie Building Products, and Mark Shevitz, senior vice president of brand strategy at CBD Marketing
- Oct. 8, 2014: Connect2 BMA14 Global Conference Series – “Corporate Storytelling as a Competitive Differentiator” with Kim Metcalf-Kupres, vice president and chief marketing officer at Johnson Controls
- Nov. 13, 2014: “Marketing Automation Myth Busting” with David Raab, owner at Raab Associates, Inc., and author of B2B Marketing Automation Vendor Selection Toolkit
- Jan. 8, 2015: “Starting with User Experience and Partner Needs to Evolve the Brands Through Digital Marketing” with John Kuehl, marketing director at Sub-Zero Group, Inc.
- Feb. 12, 2015: “Content Marketing in 2020 – Welcome to the 7th Era of Marketing” with Robert Rose, chief strategist at Content Marketing Institute, and author of Managing Content Marketing
- March 12, 2015: “The ABCs of Social Selling: Always be Connecting” with Jill Rowley, founder and chief evangelist at #SocialSelling
- May 14, 2015: “A Hitchiker’s Guide to Innovation: What Markets Must Do Today” with Stephen Liguori, BMA international committee chair and founder and CEO at Liguori Innovation
About BMA Milwaukee:
BMA Milwaukee is southeastern Wisconsin’s leading professional resource for B2B marketers and communicators. The chapter offers services, information, skill enhancement and networking opportunities that help its members grow, develop and succeed throughout their marketing careers.